Skill Area 1 – Academic Achievement/Using Language, Symbols and Text
• Assessment results
• Strive to extend the use of my vocabulary in my writing.
• Read from a wide range of texts.
• Ensure the presentation of my work is at the highest level.
• Communicate my ideas clearly.
• Recognise that all learning has value, even if I don’t see the point of it at that moment.
• Recognise the cross-curricular themes between subjects.
• Present evidence of my learning to the highest standard.
• Strive to improve with every assignment.
• Achieve well in all areas of learning.
• Achieve above and beyond your own personal academic goals.
Skill Area 2 – Fulfilling Potential/Thinking Creatively and Innovatively
• Meet deadlines for set work i.e. homework, test preparation.
• Will show courage to admit when I need help.
• Work within the boundaries set within the class.
• Solve problems that I am faced with and see them through to the end.
• Show the ability and aptitude to set goals regularly.
• Work towards all goals and achieve them.
• Meet and sometimes exceed expectations of both staff and peers.
• Take risks and try new learning.
• Have a go at more challenging things.
• Accept advice and turn them into targets.
• Finding creative solutions to difficult problems.
• Learn how to fail successfully.
• Demonstrate uniqueness in my work.
Skill Area 3 – Management Skills/Managing Self
• Work constructively with others.
• Express my thoughts clearly and ask questions to extend my thinking.
• Listen to the thoughts and opinions of others.
• Meet deadlines. Including those for assignments.
• Take responsibility for and catch up on any missed learning.
• Always have equipment at the ready and in good order.
• Ask sensible questions.
• Work well with all students taking into account the ideas of others as well as offering your own.
• Look out for jobs that need doing and do them without being asked.
• Be a positive role model.
Skill Area 4 – Involvement in School Activities/Participating and Contributing
• Team spirit
• Open to new ideas and challenges with a growth mind set.
• Listen to others, and support new ideas.
• Encourage the effort of others at all times.
• Contribute positively within a group.
• Join in with school activities.
• Suggest new ideas, put proposals and action plans in place.
• Encourage others to be involved with events.
• Take part in school competitions, have a go to make the event bigger and better.
• Show team spirit in classes and extra-curricular activities.
• Take care of school resources and the environment.
Skill Area 5 – Leadership/Relating to Others
• Role model
• Be positive in all my dealings with others and seek solutions.
• Be responsible for my own behaviours and actions.
• Be respectful of other people and their ideas.
• Be totally relied upon when in unsupervised situations.
• Tidy up after myself without prompting.
• Lead by example.
• Help others without being asked.
• Happily mentor other students.
• Never name call, put down or embarrass another person. Demonstrate perfect manners.
• Join in with all classroom activities.
• Go the extra mile to keep school environment clean, tidy and well